You need to know that teeth discoloration or yellowish stains on the teeth can also happen to kids. The reason behind this is pretty simple. Kids have a thinner layer of enamel if compared with the adults. Therefore, the chances of the dentin (the layer just below the enamel which is darker) getting exposed is more in case of toddlers. Yellow stains on the teeth can look really ugly and have an overall impact on the way your kid looks. Here at Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we often come across people asking questions related to the usage of teeth whitening products for kids. If you have similar questions in mind, giving this blog a diligent read can turn out to be of effective help.
Before delving deeper into this topic, let us discuss the factors that cause yellowishn stains on your kid’s teeth
or tooth discoloration. They are:
- The first and the foremost reason that can cause yellow stains on your kid’s teeth is improper brushing. You need to know that whiteness in the teeth can be lost due to buildup of plaque on the tooth surface. This can be avoided by brushing on a regular basis. Kids can start to brush their teeth from a very early age. But, you need to be very careful to choose a suitable toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Consumption of medicines in a liquid for can also play a vital role in causing discoloration of teeth.
- Injury can also be another reason for stains on the teeth.
- Discoloration of teeth or stains on the teeth can also happen if a child is born with a particular health condition. The probability rises if a kid who has a weaker enamel.
If you see stains on the teeth of your child, do not hesitate to get in touch with a pediatric dentist near you. Finding a quality pediatric dentist is not so difficult in the age of internet and modern technologies. All you need to do is search for “the best pediatric dentist near me” on the internet. This will provide you with a list of options to choose from. But, always remember that not all of these clinics offer top-quality dental treatments at an affordable price. So, be very careful when it comes to choosing a pediatric dental clinic for your kid.
We are now going to address the most prominet question - is it safe to use teeth whitening products for kids? The simple answer to this questions is ‘No”. Are wondering why? Well, go through the reasons provided in the pointers below:
- Most of the teeth whitening products available in the market is not appropriate for usage in case of kids. Reading the information provided on the box will help you know that it should not be used by kids.
- Using teeth whitening products can be the reason for tooth decay and sensitivity. These problems can ultimately be the reason for nightmares in the near future. Kids have a thinner enamel which can easily get eroded.
- You need to know that there are high chances of whitening products yielding no fruitful results when used in kids.
You must have now gained a clear understanding of why using teeth whitening products for kids is not okay. If you have any further confusion do contact
Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. We offer the best pediatric dental treatments
in Tinley Park, IL at a budget-friendly price. Book you appointment today. Thank you.