As a responsible parent of your kid, you probably have a fair idea by now, of what is and isn't normal for your toddler’s erupting teeth.
But if you find your kid with bleeding gums, then that can be an early sign of your kid’s --
How can you Detect Bleeding Gums?
- poor brushing ways
- use of hard-bristled toothbrush
- biting gums
- flossing the teeth too hard
- unhealthy diet routine
- or even other oral hazards
The gums are the soft tissue lining inside of the mouth. After brushing the tooth if you notice--
- red swollen gums
- pink-stained saliva
Then maybe your child is suffering from gum bleeding which is a symptom of
Causes of Bleeding Gums
When your kid takes a lot of sugary and starchy foods, bacteria in the mouth feeds on the sugar! This later combines with plaque which develops on gums and teeth. And therefore, it
causes decay, tartar
and inflamed gum tissue. Inflamed gums usually bleed when they are brushed.
Process of Treatment
At their first appointment--
- Plaque build up
- Dry mouth and gums
- Injury to the gums
Treatment options will be discussed and the Pediatric Dentist drafts a suitable plan for treatment based upon the kind and extent of the issue.
How to Tackle Bleeding Gums?
- The Pediatric Dentist studies your child’s gums
- He/she goes through your toddler’s medical history
- The Pediatric Dentist may also take an X-ray. The dentist may look for pockets around the teeth with a probe as well.
When your kid follows all these the chances of bleeding gums get reduced.
- Your kids should brush their teeth twice daily.
- Use an appropriate toothbrush.
- Use a soft-bristled, small-headed toothbrush that fits easily in their mouth.
- You should brush your toddler's teeth if he/she doesn't have the manual control to brush in the apt way.
- They can also use an electric toothbrush.
- And they should never skip flossing.
If that doesn’t lessen your toddler's bleeding gums in a week to 10 days, then it is a case of dental emergency. And you should take your kid to
the dentist without further delay.
Give your Child the Smile they Deserve!
Now if you are in search of a potential ‘
Pediatric Dentist’ in Tinley Park, IL who can attend to your
kid’s dental emergency needs, then surely reach out to
Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
. The Kid’s Dentist in Tinley Park
will monitor your kid’s problems but in a kid-friendly manner. The Pediatric Dentist will also check progress and catch any new symptoms if they appear. We’re just a
call away and we will make your kid’s treatment session fun and memorable one!